Sunday, January 13, 2008

This wk been a pretty bz one...

Monday is def the day tt marks the new path which I'll be taking for ??? years?? No longer will there exist a secure shelter but a unpredictable and rocky road out there.. rain or shine, I'll never know if I dont even attempt to walk out & I can never stay at the same spot forever.. we might not know what kind of people do we meet along the way and tml will be like.. saw a quote from my prof's website, from George Akerlof, "Trained to be a Hero",

Every one of the social sciences teaches us that we can understand the motives of other people. People may be very different from us. Their motives may be very different from ours. Their means of expressing those motives may be strange indeed. Our knowledge about other people's problems makes their motives comprehensible to us. That means that we can see other people and their motives in our terms.

The uneducated too often believe that a conflict of interest occurs because other people are evil. The educated believe that conflicts of interest naturally occur. Moreover, these conflicts occur especially because other people are basically so very much like ourselves. We have mercy for them.


Whenever I attempt to comprehend a person as such but believing in my own perspectives often ended up myself in disappointment.. my ex-colleague always comment I'm too soft & easily bullied and people out there can be so different.. always tot I'm strong enuff or am I deluding myself?? I must trained to be a hero!!

The route ahead is still a long one with unpredictable events but hoping it will be a path filled with smiles and satisfaction.. really hoping for great environment, culture and people.. they will be the ones who accompanies me through this learning journey..

The rest of the week with exceptions of Fri & Sat becomes spring cleaning, stacked up all my books & notes.. couldnt sell off a single book this sem as all I took last sem, only one is offered this sem but the lecturer has changed.. sobz.. still contemplating of selling my notes..

Had gathering with Jas, Yve & Yan on Fri for dinner together.. wanted to go Miss Clarity so much but was at the mercy of the weather.. settled for Billy Bombers in the end.. eh.. the food is filling prob coz most are deep fried.. so sinful!!! had ice-cream at swensen after tt.. double sinful!!

Sat was spent with MWH members at the chalet for bbq.. had fun with them and there was more talking within each of us as during the session, more time was spent with the residents than within us.. Despite the rain, we had fun.. feeling so tired now... they asked why econs grad decided on accs?? I have no ans... why??

No comments: