Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Guangzhou...
29/07/2007(Sun) - Day 2

We woke up at 7am in the morning for our dim sum feast at Da Tong.. We ordered a table full of delicious food.. I think we ordered 13-14 'basket' of dim sum.. My stomach bursting soon with all the food.. But its yummy!!! Each of us only paid S$8.. We even have a room to ourselves with a sea view... Thou I'm already full in the mid of serving food but the food is just so tempting.. This is the most satisfying breakfast I had..

After breakfast, we went Yuexiu Park..



There are many slopes there which made the climb up & down very tiring.. To top it up.. the sun is super scorching.. All I see at the park are trees & more trees.. didnt see any of the attractions as stated on the signboard.. There are many old folks there doing morning exercise.. Compared to them, my strength is far worst than them.. they climbed the slope effortlessly but I'm sweating like hell.. had a ice-cream treat when we finally see some1 selling it.. almost been having ice-cream since my 1st day there.. the heat is just so unbearable for me... luckily I didnt faint from the heat as the doctor had advised me from being under the heat for too long..

Jasen was commenting that we always see tv saying travelling is mai tong xi chi tong xi, mai tong xi chi tong xi... but we are always mai tong xi & walk a lot.. we rarely sit down to eat or drink something.. Haa... so we decided to sit down at starbucks.. thou the drink is what we can have in Singapore but the word is 'shiok' when we gulp down our drink..

Our next destination is the Nan Yue Tomb.. It is an enlightening journey.. Learnt about the story of the past and the come about of the artifacts.. The 'jie shuo yuan' are very nice & I learnt more when they tell us the story of all the artifacts.. It beats going ard reading the descriptions which tells little about it.. we took a train to the Chen Clan after that.. The train ticket is so cute, its like a token we have when we go arcade..



My first experience on the train is pretty nice..

Dinner is eaten at Kung Fu fastfood.. can see that this shop is very popular coz we can see it everywhere in GZ.. Ate meatball beehoon.. isnt really nice coz find it very oily..



We went shopping at Beijing Road after that.. We ate food along the way & also found my Hello Kitty stuffs too.. Later in the night, we ate redbean shuang pi nia.. Its yummy!! Thumbs up!!

No comments: