Monday, December 15, 2008

I worked my ass off for the last 2 weeks but now I'm too free... haiz.. my work schedule is so unpredictable and irregular.. It somehow added stress on me as all my time needs to be accounted for.. guess my billable hours is gonna be pathetic for the next 2 weeks.. haiz... Fri gonna be remote working but wonder what can I do when there's nothing for me to do..

Last thurs was our co.'s x'mas get together.. we spend the evening at liliputt (http://www.lilliputt.com/) where we played indoor golf.. The scenery of the golf course was set at the different tourist attractions of Singapore.. It was really fun but my first attempt wasnt that fantastic so hope I'll improve my scores the next time.. we were put in 2 groups and I joined my MD.. heez.. he's a pro at it which would give us a better chance at winning the group chllenge.. Haa.. clever me, right?? he gave us pointers along the way which is helpful but given my strength, I always had difficulties at the first shot.. but I do have good shots too!! our team was filled with laughter as we kept laughing along the way.. we won at the end of the game.. yeppie!!

dinner was at an Italian resturant, Ristorante Da Valentino.. This resturant is highly recommended, even LYK was there to dine once.. Its always crowded and fully booked so do make your bookings 3 days earlier.. The food was great with lots of wine & chatters.. love my main course which is on their special list.. its my first time sitting opposite my MD but I did talk to him.. luckily N was beside me, if not, I'll not be talking too much.. the dinner ended with a shooter.. It was a pretty strong liquor.. luckily I didnt end up vomitting with all the different wines & liquor in my stomach.. the next day, we received a x'mas hamper from MD.. guess my mum is the happiest as there's 2 wines inside..

Its gathering on Fri for the four of us, yve, yan, jas & me.. finally!! Haa.. but again, my work wont allow me to go off early as last min work just flood in & I'm pressing for time as everyone needed their stuffs fast.. Haiz.. but we did meet up in the end & photoshots after dinner.. we had lots of crazy photos taken & lots of laughter taking each of them.. as jas forgotten her housekeys, the 3 of us settled down at chjimes for drinks.. its a long long long walk.... esp when I'm on heels.. but its a nice catch up from the time we last met..

met xm on sat for x'mas shopping but I ended up buying working pants as nothing catches my eyes.. hope the shipment for my x'mas gifts purchase will arrive soon so I wont have to do x'mas shopping to replace.. we walked to all the mng stores to look for xm's jeans but too bad, none fits her.. wanted to go to LV & gucci but she isnt interested so I forgo it.. will shop there myself over the weekdays..

Sun, we met again but this time round with wj & j as well.. movie session after ikea outing with xm..



"The Day the Earth Stood Still" is 20th Century Fox's contemporary reinvention of its 1951 classic. Keanu Reeves portrays Klaatu, an alien whose arrival on our planet triggers a global upheaval. As governments and scientists race to unravel the mystery behind the visitor's appearance, a woman (Jennifer Connelly) and her young stepson get caught up in his mission and come to understand the ramifications of his being a self-described "friend to the Earth." (extracted from gv.com.sg)

Wonder if the world is coming to an end.. seems like most movies nowadays depicts humans destroying the earth.. but no doubt that humans do bear responsibilities to the problems faced by the earth like thinning of ozone layer, accumulation of rubbish, etc.. its funny to see two Aliens talking in McDonald in Chinese when both knows how to speak in English.. Keanu is indeed charming in the movie but some scenes are so unrealistic and the beginning of the storyline made me so confused.. wouldnt be a movie that I would recommend unless you are a diehard fan of Keanu..

Hope this week will be good with work coming in and I'll get my bedframe soon as all I have seen are for single bed & mine is in the mid of queen and super single.. haiz.. most importantly, huge bonus.. possible?? Haa..

No comments: