Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Lunar New Year!! Huat Ah!!

Been ending my text with my friends lately with "Huat Ah"! My purse is in real bad shape now. Retail therapy proves to be very damaging this month where outflow is more than inflow. With the festive season in sight, I allowed myself to go wild with my CC. I'm so happy that I did not give in to J when he kept saying "Go buy the bag you have been eyeing at for CNY!".

Further damage was attributed to tickets bought for Apr. Times are different now where there's less movies (with my poly gals) but we go for musical. There wasnt much response when I told xm & the rest but with von, its pretty efficient. I'm going to Chicago Musical with von & yan!! Yippie!! Right after the musical, I'm going Mayday concert with NC the very next day!! I'm on all smiles but my purse is sobbing. I'll stay home on weekend I guess to stay away from shopping malls & food place. Or maybe I sld get a month lunch tickets from each of my friends for my b'day pressies (friends, you hear me??). Hmmm.. Do I have 12 friends in the first place to get me my 1 year supply of meals? Haa.. just joking..

CNY was pretty much catching up on my sleep & I finally had time to try my new internet connection which I signed up with ST but never did install it. House visiting was little as most of my relatives would go overseas. With the goodies from CNY, I'm happily popping one box after another. Sadly, my waistline is getting bigger, weight on the scale increasing further beyond that "ahem" mark. Oh mine!! I need to get my butt out from the bed for some intensive exercise. I ate far too much during CNY that I'm feeling all guilty.

Watched midnight show "Little Big Soldier" with xm & gang on chu yi.

"A Foot Soldier (Jackie Chan) and a General (Wang Lee Hom) from rival states become the sole survivors of war. The Soldier captures the wounded General, hoping to use his enemy as a ticket to freedom by handling him over to the warlord. Along the long and winding journey, the two men at loggerheads meet with the most amazing encounters starving without water and food, seductive scheming songstress, a stalking ferocious bear."

I wouldn't rate it as a must watch show but if anyone is looking for a comedy or a fan of Jackie Chan, you will in for a good laugh, at least we had ours. J find some character redundant while I find the ending weird. The appealing factor that drew us is Wang Lee Hom rather than Jackie Chan. If not for WLH staring in this show, I would have been more interested in catching "14 blades" starring Donnie Yen.


As xm knows well enough of my need of calcium, I fall down easily which I did on chu er. My mum was commenting that I'll need to drink lots of milk for calcium to withstand my occasional fall. My knee still feels the pain but as long as I don't fall (choy!) or knock against anything else, I should recover soon. Oh well, besides afraid of falling down, my next fear is faint. Anyway, I should be fine for now, no giddy spells and I'll wear flats whenever I can.

Life is back to the daily routine once again.

Huat ah!! to all my friends!!

No comments: