Friday, June 20, 2008

the start of my journey in the States.. a country I come to fall in love with.. simply love the life there..

7th June 08 (Sat), Singapore, Drizzling

I'm on my way to the airport with Dad & Mum sending me off.. [**tts the day of my relative "last night" & my parents will be there for the final farewell.. I feel bad that I couldnt go as I'm leaving S'pore..**] I was kinda tense up as its gonna be a long long flight & its just me alone.. I'm excited too as I'm gonna be on SQ flight to the States.. it really feels uncomfortable having to be on flight for over 20+ hrs & I had to do 3 transits, at HK, SFO & finally Chicago before I reach my final destination.. There was a thunderstorm along the way to HK & the turbulence was pretty bad but it made it!! It was heartening when I finally reach SFO after 17 hrs+ flight but there's still 2 more flights & my butt feels as thou they are splitting soon.. It's a disaster at the baggage claim area at SFO with baggages lying all around & the belt not moving at all as there were just too many baggages.. I finally found mine & off I went for my connecting flight.. yet another confusion as I didnt know which queue to go for as they were so many counters.. I finally found it & on my way to Chicago.. the flight via UA was really bad, it was delayed & when I finally got on the flight, I fell asleep as I was too tired.. guess what, when I woke up, I'm still on the grounds of SFO.. oh mine!! its 1/2 hr & I'm still circuling the airport grounds.. luckily my next connecting flight is another 3 hrs.. there were other people on the flight who had missed their next flight & had to sort other alternatives.. slept again once the flight finally took to the air..

8th June 08 (Sun), Chicago, O'Hare Airport, Sunny

I finally reach Chicago after 4 hrs flight.. I'm really super hungry by then.. bought myself a hot choco from starbucks & a biscuit chicken burger which is really gd but unfortunately S'pore doesnt have it.. there are so many choices on the bf menu unlike S'pore with only just a few.. I must say the burger is cheaper too..


me.. at Chicago Airport waiting for....


the final flight to Fort Lauderdale!!!

I just can't wait to get to the hotel & have a good bath..

8th June 08 (Sun), Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Sunny

I finally touched down at my destination after 20+ hrs of flight!! feeling so tired by the time I reached.. was kinda lost at the airport as I was wondering if I need another stamp to indicate I arrive at FLL.. was directed to T1 from T4 but ended up I didnt need anything at all after talking to one of the pilot which I caught hold of.. along the way, met a family who are really nice & her 2 daughters are really cute!! feeling thrilled stepping on the grounds of US & I love it to bits.. got on the shuttle transport & off to my hotel, Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel..



I had 2 queen size bed in my room so treated 1 as my sofa & another for my bed.. its a huge room overlooking the swimming pool & the scenery from the front of the hotel.. Initially I thought I would find it scary to be sleeping alone in a huge room but my tiredness overtook fear.. decided to walk around the area to see if I can find any shopping area but nothing much & sat down to have ice cream!! wholesome delicious!!


the pie who loves me..

the weather is too hot so decided to head back.. went to the internet room to check my office mail & that's where I made my first friend.. her husband tagged along too for the trip.. they are really nice couple & we had a lot to talk about.. she was commenting others might have thought we knew each other for a long time but actually we just met for 1 day.. kinda missed them now.. it was a nice start for my first day.. its the start of training tml!!

No comments: